DO’s while using CNG
(1) The vehicles operating on CNG must comply with the required conditions as contained in the central motor vehicles rules.
(2) Before installing the CNG kit, it is required to ensure that the workshop is authorized. You should check the safety standards and code of practices observed by workshop in kit installation and commissioning.
(3) You should have the approved Kit and cylinder that goes well with the make of vehicle.
(4) You should ensure that the vehicle should undergo the needed pre-conversion checks completely
(5)You should have thorough leak test of the gas system.
(6) You should collect the installer certificate from the workshop
(7) You should ensure to endorse the CNG or bi-fuel mode in Registration Certificate issued by RTO
(8) You should do an annual check of the CNG kit and keep the associated certificates.
(9) You need to ensure that the CNG Cylinder follow the Gas cylinder rules. You also need to ensure that it is hydro tested once in five years
(10) As a driver, you should always have the Certificate of CNG kit, Fitness and hydro test.
(11) You should acquaint yourself with the CNG mechanism by taking essential precautions for driving a CNG vehicle
Don’ts while using CNG
(1) You should not purchase components from various sources and do not install the kit yourself
(2) You should not modify or improvise the kit at unauthorized workshops
(3) You should not install an LPG, Propane in place of CNG cylinder
(4) You should not do filling of LPG, Propane or other fuel in a CNG cylinder
(5) You should ensure that there are no passengers on board at a time of filling of CNG
(6) You should not ignore any signs of gas leakage if observed by you.